Thank you, haijin, for honoring Martha Magenta with your #haikai! Congratulations to last week’s contributors:Haikai Challenge Participants
|1. Pat R|
2. Jane Dougherty
3. Shaun Jex
5. Linda Lee Lyberg
6. Ken Gierke / rivrvlogr
8. Kim Whysall-Hammond (England)
It may be spring, according to the Lunar Calendar. Nevertheless, the temperatures have dropped this week in the New York Metropolitan area. Technically, it’s still winter north of the equator. So it’s time for a flashback winter kigo: hawk (taka)
As I once said:
Graceful. Beautiful. Fierce. These mid-sized raptors plummet upon their prey from the heights.
This week, write the haikai poem of you choice (haiku, senryu, haibun, tanka, haiga, renga, etc.) that alludes to the hawk (taka)
Here’s how the challenge works:
1. write the haikai poem of your choice.
2. post the link of your post to Mister Linky.
3. pingback by posting the link to the challenge on your site.
4. read and comment on other contributors’ posts.
Good hunting, haijin!